
Everyday since Brandon began this wonderful adventure we call Kindergarten, I have written him a note and included it in his lunchbox. These notes are very short and to the point. They say things such as, "Have a wonderful day!" and "Hope you learn a bunch in school today!" They have evolved over time to now begin with, "Hey there little _________!" I fill in that blank with everything thing from "cupcake" to "toothbrush," whatever comes to me that morning. I get as silly as possible because as I'm sure you know, with a 5 year old, the sillier the better! They open up to say "I love you, love mommy." Brandon adores these notes and they have become so important to him. He does not ever want to buy "hot lunch" at school and when I asked him why, his response was "If I buy my lunch, then I won't get one of your notes." How sweet is that? I had no clue that this little tradition started back in September meant so much to my sweetie. Who knew it would end up being such a great thing?? Not me. :)
3 comments:
What an awesome mom you are and a darling Brandon to boot! So happy you're happy.
You are amazing! I need to start doing that with Hannah.:)
Great blog! I love the notes you send with your son! Adorable!
Post a Comment