Thursday, May 28, 2009

Multicultural Day and Open House

Brandon had a great experience at Sumner-Danbury's annual Multicultural Day. Each classroom in the entire school represents a different country. Many weeks of preparation are put into this event and it was extremely evident as I saw the various classrooms. They were all amazing! On this special day, the students are assigned two "countries" to go to, and they even have a "passport!" Brandon and London went to "India" first. Here they learned a stick game. By the way, I LOVE LOVE this picture of London!
The next county to see was "Mexico." Brandon enjoyed making a mask and eating chips and salsa.

Our classroom represented "Canada," therefore the kindergartners were "Canadian Mounted Police" for the day. So super cute!

Then the entire school sat together to say "hello" in their countries language and to sing a couple of songs.
Later that night it was Open House. Brandon enjoyed showing me some of the things he has done this past year in Kindergarten (even though I have been there helping out several times a week and have already seen it all!)
Here is Brandon and his beautiful teacher Mrs. K. in front of "Niagara Falls." I love her to pieces. Maybe I say that too much, but I just do. ;)
Cutie London and Mrs. K.
After visiting our classroom and many others, we ended the night by finding Canada's flag amongst many other flags from around the world. London started singing the Canadian National Anthem...LOVE HER! ;)

No comments: